This recipe for baked brie loaf was originally submitted by by Lynn Osachuk from Winnipeg MB Canada. Sounds fabulous to me. Can’t wait to try it myself.
This fabulous baked brie recipe is a perfect party recipe. Your guests will love it as much as you.
The mix of brie cheese with other savory ingredients like carmelized onions is baked in a loaf of bread. Use the scooped out pieces of bread to soak up that lovely melty cheese mixture when it’s baked.
Carmelized Onion & Baked Brie Loaf
- 2 Vidalia onions, or 1 large Spanish onion
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1/4 cup sherry
- 1 teaspoon Worchestershire sauce
- 1 loaf sourdough bread, round
- 1/2 pound Brie cheese, cubed
- 4 ounces cream cheese
- Saute onions in butter & garlic. Add salt & pepper once onions begin to soften and appear transparent, add sugar. Carmelize till lightly browned and add sherry & Worchestershire sauce.
- In blender, add onion mixture and chunks of cheese. Add Cream cheese and blend together. Fill hollowed out sourdough bread and bake in oven for approximately 30 minutes at 350°F until heated through.
- Use left-over bread cubes for dipping. Awesome.
If you don’t want to bake the brie in a loaf of bread, you can use an oven safe baking dish.
Want to be the first to know about new recipes and articles on Cookingnook.com? Sign up here for site updates and never miss a great recipe.