Bean Salad Recipe2013-04-21
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
5 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 5m
- Ready In : 20m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat32
This is a lovely bean salad recipe, or more properly, a bean and legume salad.
It is a combination of mixed legumes and green beans in a tasty vinaigrette dressing.
The recipe comes from a cookbook called The Best 30-Minute Vegetarian Recipes by Marie-Claude Morin.
You can serve it as a side salad with either a vegetarian or meat meal.
- 1 - 14 to 19 ounce (398 to 540 mL) can mixed beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 tomato, diced
- 2 green onions, cut into pieces
- 1/2 red or yellow bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 zucchini, diced
- 1 cup (250 mL) halved trimmed green beans
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) Dijon mustard
- Pinch herbes de Provence (see Tip, below)
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
In a salad bowl, combine mixed beans, tomato, green onions, bell pepper and zucchini.
In a steamer basket set in a pot of boiling water, steam green beans for about 5 minutes or until tender-crisp.
For the Dressing: In a small bowl, combine vinegar, oil, mustard, herbes de Provence, and salt and black pepper to taste. Pour over vegetables. Wait at least 15 minutes for flavors to blend before serving.
- Herbes de Provence is a dried herb mixture from southern France. It most often includes thyme, savory, rosemary, marjoram, sage, lavender, bay leaves and basil, as well as fennel seeds. There are many commercial varieties available.
This healthy cookbook is filled with over 150 recipes, all healthy vegetarian recipes that are ready in under 30 minutes.
This bean salad is so versatile. It can also easily become a complete vegetarian meal when it’s served with fresh bread and cheese.
You can also use this mixture to fill tortillas. Now that would be tasty. Use whole wheat tortillas to maximize the nutritional value.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below. Thanks.