This blueberry crisp recipe, or blueberry crumble as it is often called, is an easy blueberry dessert.
I think pretty much everyone loves blueberries.
It is wonderful now that no matter where you live, you can pretty much get them any time of the year.
Take advantage of fresh blueberries if you can get them, but this recipe can be made with frozen blueberries as well.
Blueberry recipes are not only absolutely delicious, they are extremely health for us too. The nutrients in blueberries and other berries are so nutritious, berries are one of our top 10 healthiest foods to eat.
I hope you enjoy it. Let me know your thoughts below in the comments area.
Blueberry Crisp Recipe
- 3/4 cup white flour
- 1/2 cup sugar, or equivalent amount of sugar substitute
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3/4 cup quick oats
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped
- 4 cups blueberries
- Mix the flour, cinnamon and sugar together. Add the butter and blend until the mixture is crumbly. Add the oats and nuts. Take 1/4 of the mixture and mix with the blueberries.
- Place the blueberries in a buttered baking dish. Top with the crumble mixture.
- Bake at 350° for about 40 minutes.
- Can be eaten hot or cold.
- Make this into a frozen blueberries recipe by easily substituting the same amount of frozen blueberries for the fresh ones. Frozen blueberries are so much easier to find and have on hand and the result is just as delicious. Thaw first or cook just a little longer to get the same consistency.