Broccoli Bacon Salad Recipe2013-04-24
Average Member Rating
(4.7 / 5)
9 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 12
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat161
Saturated Fat5.6 g
Trans Fat0.0 g
Total Carbohydrates14.8 g
Dietary Fiber2.1 g
This broccoli bacon salad recipe is great for a summer picnic, as part of a party buffet or just about any time.
This salad is a very easy recipe to prepare and there is something about the mix of flavours that is just perfect.
Try it on a buffet table. It is also a great summer salad recipe.
Broccoli Bacon Salad
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked crisp and broken into pieces
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 bunches of broccoli, broken into small flowerets
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, sliced down the middle
- 1 cup sliced or slivered almonds
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar, or a touch more if you think you need it
- 1/4 cup sugar or equivalent amount of sugar substitute
Mix all salad ingredients together. Mix dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over salad and mix well. Chill. This bacon broccoli salad recipe tastes even better if left in the fridge overnight to let the flavours blend.
- Make this broccoli bacon salad a lower fat salad by substituting low fat mayonnaise or salad dressing. Or try it with yogurt.
- Omit the bacon for a vegetarian salad.
- Add color and extra nutrition with chopped carrots.
- The grapes are optional but look and taste great.
Broccoli is not only a tasty vegetable. It’s also one that we should include in our diet on a regular basis. This recipe is a delicious way to do it.
The grapes add a nice sweetness that goes surprisingly well with the broccoli and bacon. The sliced almonds add a wonderful crunch to the salad.
Like this recipe? I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.