This broccoli bacon salad recipe is great for a summer picnic, as part of a party buffet or just about any time.
This salad is a very easy recipe to prepare and there is something about the mix of flavors that is just perfect.
The grapes add a nice sweetness that goes surprisingly well with the broccoli and bacon. The sliced almonds add a wonderful crunch to the salad.
Try it on a buffet table. It is also a great summer salad recipe, great for adding vegetables to the next BBQ.
It’s not just about summer though. This great tasting vegetable salad will be welcomed any time you put it on the table.
Broccoli is not only a tasty vegetable. It’s also one that we should include in our diet on a regular basis. This recipe is a delicious way to do it.
Broccoli Bacon Salad Recipe
- 1/2 pound bacon, cooked crisp and broken into pieces
- 1 cup Cheddar cheese, shredded
- 1 1/2 bunches broccoli, broken into small flowerets
- 1 onion, small, chopped
- 1 cup seedless red grapes, sliced down the middle
- 1 cup almonds, sliced or slivered
- 1 1/4 cups mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar, or a touch more if you think you need it
- 1/4 cup sugar, or equivalent amount of sugar substitute
- Mix all salad ingredients together. Mix dressing ingredients. Pour dressing over salad and mix well. Chill.
- This bacon broccoli salad recipe tastes even better if left in the fridge overnight to let the flavors blend.
- Make this broccoli bacon salad a lower fat salad by substituting low fat mayonnaise or salad dressing. Or try it with yogurt.
- Omit the bacon for a vegetarian salad.
- Add color and extra nutrition with chopped carrots.
- The grapes are optional but look and taste great.
If you like this recipe, I would really appreciate it if you share it on social media. And add a comment below. Thanks.