This ham casserole is one of those great Campbell Soup recipes we love to find.
They are just so easy and quick to put together, they usually make perfect easy dinner recipes.
Recipes for leftover ham are so handy, especially during the holidays when eating all that leftover ham on it’s own can lose its appeal after a while.
This ham casserole stands out with the addition of a sweet potato crust.
When you cook sweet potatoes to serve with your baked ham dinner, just cook a bit extra and you are all ready for the next day’s easy dinner.
Even if you aren’t serving sweet potatoes with your ham dinner, bake a few alongside the ham and you will have them ready for the next day’s leftovers.
It is a quick and easy dinner recipe and a meal in one pot. If you follow this blog you know I just love one pot meals that include veggies.
Let me know how this one turned out for you.
Ham Casserole with Sweet Potato Crust
- 3 tablespoons onion, chopped
- 1/4 cup green pepper, chopped
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup milk
- 2 cups ham, diced
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Sweet Potato Crust:
- 1 cup sweet potato, mashed, cold
- 1 cup flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/3 cup butter, melted
- 1 egg, beaten
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cook onion and pepper in hot oil. Combine soup and milk and stir into vegetable mixture. Heat to boiling. Add ham and lemon juice. Pour into a 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Combine sweet potato and melted fat. Add beaten egg. Mix flour with salt and add to sweet potato mixture. Mix well. Spread over ham mixture in casserole.
- Bake for 40 minutes, until top is browned and filling is bubbling.