This yummy ginger carrot recipe is sure to become a family favorite.
Of course I love easy recipes and this is one that transforms the lowly carrot into an elegant vegetable recipe, fit for company or holiday dinners, but easy enough for every day.
This recipe calls for the carrots to be cut into julienne strips. If you aren’t familiar with that, it just means that you cut the carrot into 1/4s lengthwise, then into 2 or 3 longer strips.
What I like to do though if I have carrots that are nice and small, especially if they still have their green end on them, is to just peel them and serve them whole as in the image above. It’s a nice looking presentation, especially if you are serving them to company. You can cut them any way you like though and they will still be yummy.
Ginger Carrot Recipe
- 1 pound carrots, cut in julienne strips (500 g)
- 1 inch ginger, fresh, cut into 4 slices
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1/2 orange, zest only
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Cook the carrots until they are tender crisp. Drain them, then set them aside.
- Melt the butter in a saucepan. Add the ginger and saute for a few minutes until it becomes soft. Add the orange juice and honey and simmer for 2 minutes longer over low heat. Add the carrots. Stir to coat the carrots well. Remove the ginger and serve.
Use lemon juice and lemon rind instead of orange if you prefer. It will give the carrots a zippy fresh taste.
Here is another fabulous carrot recipe – Roasted Carrots with Thyme. It’s another recipe that is super easy to make and tastes fantastic.
You can browse all of our vegetable recipes here.
If you like this recipe, please take a moment to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below. I really appreciate it.
You can also send me your own recipe using the comments section below. I will put it on the site and help you share your creations with the world. So what is your favorite easy carrot recipe?