Grilled cedar plank salmon recipes are perfect for summer entertaining. They are easy to put together, yet look impressive to guests.
This is a very healthy grilled salmon recipe that tastes delicious and is easy to prepare.
The mix of fresh dill with garlic, shallots, green onion and lemon is fresh and flavorful.
If you have been looking for tasty grilled salmon fillet recipes and want to try plank cooking, you should try this recipe.
Cedar plank salmon recipes like this one are perfect for many specialized diets including diabetic recipes, gluten free recipes and low carb recipes.
Grilled Cedar Plank Salmon Recipes
- 8 salmon fillets, skinless
- 2 to 4 cedar planks, make sure they are food grade
- sea salt
- 1 lemon, large
- 1 cup fresh dill, chopped
- 1/2 cup shallots, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 green onions, chopped
- 1 tablespoon black pepper, or to your taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- juice of 1 lemon
- Soak cedar planks in water for 4 to 6 hours. (This is essential to make sure planks do not catch fire, so don't skimp on this step).
- Preheat grill to high.
- Mix together all crust ingredients and spread on the upper side (not the skin side) of the salmon fillets.
- Season the soaked planks with salt and pepper and place on the grill for 3 to 5 minutes with lid closed. They will begin to crackle and smoke.
- Place salmon fillets carefully on cooking planks, skin side of the fish on the plank. Close the lid and bake the fillets for 12-15 minutes. Check periodically to make sure cooking planks have not caught fire.
- Have a spray bottle of water on hand to spritz planks in case they do, but it is much less likely to happen if they have been well soaked beforehand.
- Remove cooking planks from grill and squeeze lemon juice over salmon fillets. Enjoy!
- This recipe works equally well with salmon steaks or a whole side of salmon.
Salmon is so healthy for you, it is on our list of 10 healthiest foods. We really should try to include it in our meals on a regular basis, and recipes like this one are a great way to do that.