Cheese ball recipes are some of my favorite party foods. Everyone always loves them and they disappear quickly.
This crab cheese ball is an easy to make appetizer recipe. It goes together in just minutes, then just pop it in the fridge and wait for the party.
The best part of this recipe is that it really does taste better if made the day before. That gives it time for the flavors to meld and make it even more delicious.
It also makes throwing a party a little easier on the cook, which is always a good thing.
If you follow this site at all, you know I always advocate easy, especially when you are entertaining a crowd.
Easy Crab Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can crabmeat, well drained
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- 3 tablespoons parsley, chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup walnuts, pecans or almonds, chopped
- Mix the cream cheese and crabmeat well with a fork. Add the chopped green onion and hot sauce. Mix all together, then roll it into a ball shape.
- Chill the mixture overnight, then roll the ball into chopped parsley and then chopped walnut, almonds or pecans.
- Serve with crackers and one or more knives for spreading.
- Some people prefer to make several smaller cheese balls rather than one large one. That way guests can take their own small cheese ball on their plate and work from there. If you think the site of a half eaten cheese ball is a bit unsightly, you may want to try that.