Cheese Ball Recipes: Crab Cheese Ball2013-04-27
Average Member Rating
(4.9 / 5)
7 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 10 to 12
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 0m
- Ready In : 5m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat67
Cheese ball recipes are some of my favorite party foods. Everyone always loves them and they disappear quickly.
This crab cheese ball is an easy to make appetizer recipe. It goes together in just minutes, then just pop it in the fridge and wait for the party.
Crab Cheese Ball
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 can crabmeat, well drained
- 1 tablespoon green onion, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce, or to taste
- chopped parsley
- chopped walnuts, pecans or almonds
Mix the cream cheese and crabmeat well with a fork. Add the chopped green onion and hot sauce. Mix all together, then roll it into a ball shape.
Chill the mixture overnight, then roll the ball into chopped parsley and then chopped walnut, almonds or pecans.
Serve with crackers and one or more knives for spreading.
- Some people prefer to make several smaller cheese balls rather than one large one. That way guests can take their own small cheese ball on their plate and work from there. If you think the site of a half eaten cheese ball is a bit unsightly, you may want to try that.
The best part of this recipe is that it really does taste better if made the day before. That gives it time for the flavors to meld and make it even more delicious. It also makes throwing a party a little easier on the cook, always a good thing.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you would Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, and Like it on Facebook. Share your own favorite recipes below. Thanks.