Chicken and Broccoli Casserole2013-04-27
Average Member Rating
(4.3 / 5)
11 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 45m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat148
This simple and easy chicken and broccoli casserole recipe, or chicken divan, is ready for the oven in minutes.
I love it and make it often. It’s a great make-ahead dish to serve guests.
Simple and quick to put together, I make it a few hours ahead, then bake as needed.
- 2 cups cut up cooked chicken
- 2 - 10 ounce packages frozen broccoli or equivalent fresh. If using fresh, steam lightly until underdone. If using frozen, use as is.
- 1 cup shredded cheddar (or other tasty) cheese
- 1 can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 can of water or milk
- 1 cup breadcrumbs mixed with 2 tablespoons softened butter
Heat oven to 350°. Arrange cooked chicken in ungreased baking dish or glass casserole. (Use the long size, not the square, about 7 1/2" by 11 1/2").
Layer broccoli over chicken. Sprinkle 1/2 the cheese over. Stir together milk and soup and pour over all. Sprinkle the rest of the cheese on top. Top with a thin layer of the breadcrumbs.
Bake uncovered for 25 - 30 minutes.
- Use turkey instead of chicken to make this a great recipe for turkey leftovers during holiday time.
- Replace the breadcrumb topping with 1 small can of French fried onion rings for a tasty crunch. Bake without the onion rings for 25 minutes, then sprinkle them on top and cook for another 5 minutes.
- Lower the fat content by using low fat soup and low fat milk or replacing the milk with water.
This is one of the easiest frozen broccoli recipes you will find.
I love easy casserole recipes. They are a great way to use up leftovers and make great dinner recipes for every day or entertaining.
This one is no exception. Great for leftover roast chicken. You can also use a purchased rotisserie chicken or the leftovers from that. Don’t you love good recipes that are easy too. On a busy day, I sure do appreciate them.