Mary Studgard from Toronto Canada originally submitted this recipe for chicken breast and mushroom soup with creamy sauce.
This chicken recipe serves one and is particularly good for a person who doesn’t have much time to cook. It only takes 10 minutes to make.
The recipe uses cooked chicken breast, so you it’s great if you have leftover chicken. Either breast or thigh meat would work. Or buy a cooked breast or a rotisserie chicken at the grocery store.
Chicken Breast and Mushroom Soup For 1
- spaghetti or noodles
- 1 chicken breast, cooked or 1 cup of cooked chicken, chopped
- 1 can cream of mushroom or cream of chicken soup
- 1/2 cup frozen peas and carrots
- black pepper
- dash of worchestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup milk
- Cook the spaghetti or noodles in boiling water for 7 minutes, or as per the package directions.
- Chop up the chicken breast. Start heating the soup, adding a bit of milk to dilute the soup. Add the peas and carrots, pepper and Worchestershire sauce.
- When the spaghetti is cooked, mix it with the soup and chicken and all the other ingredients.
This recipe can easily be multiplied to serve 2. For 3 or 4, double everything and add a second can of soup.