Chicken Gravy Recipe2013-04-27
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
7 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 15m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat63
Here is a recipe for making the perfect chicken gravy each and every time.
This versatile recipe makes delicious chicken pan gravy any time you need it, and doesn’t even depend on you having roasted a chicken.
Chicken Gravy Recipe
- 1/4 cup fat (see Notes below)
- 1/4 cup flour
- 2 cups pan juices and chicken stock
- cooked, chopped chicken giblets (optional)
- salt and pepper for seasoning
- 1/4 cup cream (optional)
Heat the fat. Add the flour and stir until blended. Slowly stir in the pan juices and chicken stock. Cook and stir the gravy until smooth and simmer for 5 minutes.
Add the giblets and cream. If the gravy is very rich, it may separate. Add the cream slowly. Stir it constantly. Correct the seasoning by adding salt and pepper if needed and serve immediately.
- When you are done roasting the chicken, strain the juices left in the pan. Pour off the fat and use that as the 1/4 cup fat asked for in the recipe. If you haven’t roasted a chicken, simply use a bit of lard or shortening.
- The chicken giblets are optional but do add a lot of flavor. You can add them to the roasting pan and cook them alongside the chicken. If you don’t like giblets, or are not roasting a chicken, don’t worry about it. The gravy will still taste delicious.
- The cream is also optional. It wasn’t part of the gravy my mother used to make, but try adding it for extra richness and flavor.
An absolute treat!
See the notes below the recipe for what to use if you don’t have chicken drippings from a roast.
If you like this recipe, we’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment and your own recipes below.