This easy chicken salad recipe really is the absolute best.
Chicken salad is pretty tasty any time and chicken salad sandwiches are the best.
But this recipe combines sweet and tangy in just the right amounts plus the tart sweet taste of cranberries and crunch of pecans. Absolutely amazing!
You can serve this salad easily as a main course for lunch. It’s also a wonderful brunch recipe.
It looks beautiful served in a lettuce cup or on a lettuce lined plate. Just add a green salad and some fresh rolls or biscuits and voila – lunch is served.
And of course – amazing chicken salad sandwiches. Can’t beat them with this recipe.
I think you will really enjoy this recipe.
Chicken Salad Recipe with Fruit and Nuts
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1/4 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon orange juice concentrate, frozen, optional
- 4 cups chicken breast, cooked, diced
- 1 cup celery, diced
- 1 apple, large, unpeeled, cored and chopped
- 1/3 cup dried cranberries, chopped
- 3 to 4 green onions, chopped
- 1/3 cup pecans, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Toast pecans in a 250ºF oven. Watch carefully to make sure they do not burn. Set aside to let cool.
- In a small bowl combine mayonnaise, sour cream, mustard, vinegar, orange juice, salt and pepper. Stir well to mix together. Cover and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a large bowl toss together chicken, celery, apple, cranberries, onions, pecans and parsley. Add the dressing and mix together well.
- Cover and refrigerate for 2 hours before serving to allow those wonderful flavors to meld.
- The orange juice concentrate is optional but adds another nice layer of flavor, this time a hint of citrus.