This yummy chocolate icing recipe makes all things nice!
This recipe is quite simple. It is VERY important though that you follow the direction to add the milk just a few drops at a time until you get the correct consistency.
Top a plain white cake with chocolate icing and suddenly it’s an amazing dessert people will run for.
There is just something about sweet icing sugar mixed with chocolate that is simply perfect.
Just mix all of the listed ingredients together, then add extra milk a few drops at a time only, until you achieve the consistency you want. Adding even a teaspoon of extra milk could result in very runny icing that you have to begin fixing.
The perfect chocolate icing is creamy and spreadable. Too dry and it doesn’t taste as good as it should. Too runny and it won’t spread nicely. So go slow adding the extra milk.
Chocolate Icing Recipe
- 1 tablespoon oil
- 1 1/2 cups confectioners sugar, sifted
- 4 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa
- 3 tablespoons skim milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- Combine all ingredients and mix well. Add a little more skim milk until icing is of desired consistency, being careful to add only a few drops at a time.
- Makes 1 cup.
- This recipe calls for skim milk, but any amount of fat content in milk will do, from whole milk to skim. Be aware though that using buttermilk will give the icing a pungent, less sweet flavor that you many not enjoy.
- When learning how to make icing, it is important to sift the confectioners sugar as directed in the recipe. It ensures a silky, creamy consistency with no lumps.
Like this recipe? I’d love you to share it on your favorite social media. You can also share a comment below Thanks so much.