This cucumber salad recipe is one of my favorite summer salad recipes.
It is an easy summer salad, or any time of the year salad for that matter, and combines lots of healthy ingredients and fresh herbs.
Vegetable salad recipes are an easy way to add nutrition to your family meals.
I remember this kind of salad from my youth. It’s one my grandmother and aunt’s made often during the summer when cucumbers are plentiful. It was always appreciated.
Cucumber Salad Recipe
- 2 cucumbers, peeled and diced
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 cup sour cream, or yogurt
- 4 green onions, minced
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves, chopped fine
- 1/2 cup fresh parsley leaves, chopped fine
- 1 clove garlic, chopped fine
- black pepper to taste
- Place the sliced cucumbers in a salad bowl. In another bowl, mix together the lemon juice, yogurt or sour cream, green onions, mint, parsley, garlic and black pepper. Pour over the cucumbers. Mix gently to combine everything.
Add 1 large tomato, cored and chopped to the salad.
A Healthy Vegetable Salad
This is another of those versatile recipes that fits into so many diet plans. It is an great diabetic recipe, a heart healthy recipe, a low fat recipe and fairly low carb too.
Each and every one of the ingredients is healthy for us. Can’t beat that for a great recipe. This recipe is also gluten free and a good diabetic recipe.