Average Member Rating
(4.8 / 5)
13 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 18 cupcakes
- Servings : 18
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 15m
- Ready In : 25m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat63
Yummy cupcakes are a favorite of kids and adults alike. It’s like having your own little individual cake.
How to Make Vanilla Cupcakes
- 2 cups self-rising flour
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 18 chocolate disks, to decorate
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Line 18 standard muffin cups with paper liners (or use silicone liners like the ones below). Sift the flour and sugar into a mixing bowl. Add the butter, eggs, milk and vanilla. Beat until smooth. Fill the paper liners 3/4 full with the batter.
Bake for 15 minutes or until the cupcakes are golden. Cool on a wire rack.
To make the frosting, mix the confectioners; sugar, cocoa and butter with a little hot water until smooth. Spread over the cupcakes. Top each cake with a chocolate disk.
Tips and Variations:
- Omit the cocoa for a vanilla frosting.
- Add just a few drops of your favorite food coloring to color the cupcake icing whatever color you prefer. You can even exactly match party theme colors.
- Use sprinkles, sugared roses and other flowers, silver and gold dots, whatever is edible and looks great to decorate your mini cake creations.
When dressed up with icing and decorations, cupcakes are a treat for the eyes too.
Today many people opt for cupcake cakes for birthdays, bridal or baby shower cakes or even a wedding cupcake cake.
The last bridal shower I attended had pretty glass storage jars with decorated cupcakes in them as the center pieces, which were later given to guests. What a great idea!
Let your mind go with unique and wonderful ideas for decorating and using these cuppy cakes (as the kids call them).
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.