Eagle Brand Recipes: Coconut Cherry Bars2013-05-04
Average Member Rating
(3.9 / 5)
17 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 12 to 16 bars
- Servings : 12 to 16
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 40m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat159
These coconut cherry bars are one of my favorite Eagle brand recipes.
I love using sweetened condensed milk in baking recipes, especially holiday dessert recipes.
The recipes are always quick, a special bonus during busy holidays, and they always turn out absolutely fabulously.
Coconut Cherry Bars
- 1 cup sifted flour
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 tin Eagle brand sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut
- 1/2 cup glace cherries
Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
Mix the flour, butter and sugar together and pat into 8x8 inch pan. Bake 10 minutes or until golden at 350°F. Cool.
Mix the filling ingredients and spread the mixture on the base. Bake 20 minutes (at the same temperature as above) or until golden. Let cool.
- Storing the bars in a tight tin container for a day allows the flavors to mellow and combine even better.
- Chop the cherries in half if you wish.
- This recipe easily doubles to make a large batch as you are only using 1/2 tin of Eagle brand for the recipe as shown above. Just use 2 – 8×8 pans and bake at the same time.
- Use a combination of red and green cherries during the holidays. It makes for a very festive look.
Did You Know?…
This recipe is a particular favorite and I think it will be one of yours too after you try it.
The base is a simple mix of flour, butter and some brown sugar for sweetness. The topping combines coconut, sweet glace cherries and crunchy walnuts with the Eagle brand, for a lovely sweet topping.
It all mixes together quickly and easily and in not much more than 30 minutes you have great squares to serve family or friends.
Although you will love to make this sweet treat all year, this recipe is also perfect for a Christmas cookie exchange during the holidays.
Everyone will love it.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you would Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, and Like it on Facebook. Share your own favorite recipes below. Thanks.