These coconut cherry bars are one of my favorite Eagle brand recipes.
I love using sweetened condensed milk in baking recipes, especially holiday dessert recipes.
The recipes are always quick, a special bonus during busy holidays, and they always turn out absolutely fabulously.
This recipe is a particular favorite and I think it will be one of yours too after you try it.
The base is a simple mix of flour, butter and some brown sugar for sweetness. The topping combines coconut, sweet glace cherries and crunchy walnuts with the Eagle brand, for a lovely sweet topping.
It all mixes together quickly and easily and in not much more than 30 minutes you have great squares to serve family or friends.
Although you will love to make this sweet treat all year, this recipe is also perfect for a Christmas cookie exchange during the holidays.
Everyone will love it.
Coconut Cherry Bars
- 1 cup flour, sifted
- 1/2 cup butter
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 can sweetened condensed milk, Eagle brand
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup walnuts
- 2 tablespoons coconut
- 1/2 cup glace cherries
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- Mix the flour, butter and sugar together and pat into 8x8 inch pan. Bake 10 minutes or until golden at 350°F. Cool.
- Mix the filling ingredients and spread the mixture on the base. Bake 20 minutes (at the same temperature as above) or until golden. Let cool.
- Storing the bars in a tight tin container for a day allows the flavors to mellow and combine even better.
- Chop the cherries in half if you wish.
- This recipe easily doubles to make a large batch as you are only using 1/2 tin of Eagle brand for the recipe as shown above. Just use 2 – 8×8 pans and bake at the same time.
- Use a combination of red and green cherries during the holidays. It makes for a very festive look.
Like this recipe? I’d love you to share it on your favorite social media. Thanks so much.