This moist and easy carrot cake recipe was originally submitted by Michael M of Prince George, BC, Canada.
It has the wonderful addition of crushed pineapple, which adds so much flavor and moisture. It is an easy cake that gets baked in a large rectangular pan.
I love this recipe. It’s simple to put together but packs a lot of flavor. I love carrot cakes with pineapple. It adds a nice level of sweetness.
Easy Carrot Cake Recipe with Pineapple.
- 1 1/2 cups oil
- 2 cups sugar
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons allspice, or cinnamon
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 larger can crushed pineapple
- 2-3 carrots, large, finely shredded
- Preheat oven to 350ºF. Grease and flour a 9" x 13" baking pan.
- Mix first three ingredients together and beat for approximately two minutes. Blend the dry ingredients (the flour, baking powder, allspice and salt) well and add to the egg mixture. Add the pineapple and carrots and stir by hand to incorporate it all.
- Pour the mixture into the pan and bake for 40-45 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in center comes out clean. Let cool thoroughly before icing. Use your favorite icing but add a little mint extract.