If you love easy stir fry recipes you will love this one that was originally contributed by Patti Fitzmaurice from London, Ontario Canada.
It is a chicken stir fry that she calls her Tuesday night surprise. Here’s why:
“Every Tuesday I go thru my fridge and come up with a usually great stir fry with leftovers from the last 3 days or so. Last night I did a chicken as follows:”
Patti also says: “As a side and to fill up my teen son I made a box of stove top. He loved the whole thing and had enough leftover to take to school for lunch today!”
This recipe is also wonderful served over rice, either white or brown.
Surprise Chicken Stir Fry
- 2 carrots, sliced thin
- 1 stalk celery, sliced thin
- 1 onion, cause I love onions, diced
- 1 clove garlic, cause I love garlic, diced
- a few sliced mushrooms
- rotisserie chicken stripped and cut up bite size
- 1 small bag spinach
- 1 ream of rice noodles, or more if desired
- In a large fry pan with lid, saute carrots, celery, onion on medium/low for 8-10 minutes. Add the garlic, mushrooms and chicken and saute for a few more minutes. Add rinsed spinach on top and put the lid on. Turn to low and let the steam do its work.
- Boil enough water (in a kettle) to cover the rice noodles. Pour over the noodles and cover, and let sit in its own pot for a minute or two. Drain when done. Add the noodles to the stir fry mix and mix together.
- Add tamari or any hot sauce as desired.
You can also used leftover chicken or stir fry fresh boneless chicken if you prefer.