This is a delicious stuffed flounder recipe that is very easy to make. It’s an easy baked fish recipe that you can make any night of the week.
You don’t need to use flounder either. Make stuffed fish by replacing it with any thin fillets of whitefish that will roll easily over the filling.
The seafood filling is just yummy. Cut up larger shrimp or buy the more economical tiny shrimp and use them whole. I prefer the taste of the larger shrimp, but either works well.
Stuffed fish always seemed so gourmet to me and I thought it would be difficult to make. It sure isn’t difficult, but it does taste like a gourmet feast.
Serve this lovely stuffed fish recipe with rice, steamed green beans and a large salad. It makes a great diabetic recipe too. Just serve with more veggies and less rice.
Flounder Stuffed with Garlic Shrimp
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 pound shrimp, peeled and deveined, cut up (or use the small shrimp)
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic, minced
- 1/3 - 1/2 cup bread crumbs, unseasoned
- 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
- 1 pound flounder fillets
- 1/4 cup white wine, or non-alcoholic white wine
- 1/2 tablespoon parsley
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- Heat the oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add the shrimp and garlic and cook, stirring frequently, for 5 minutes, or until the shrimp is opaque. Remove to a large bowl. Add the bread crumbs and cheese and stir to combine.
- Place the flounder fillets on a work surface. Evenly divide the shrimp mixture among the fillets, spreading almost to the edge. Roll the fillets around the filling from the short. Secure with wooden picks.
- Place the rolls in a 13"x9" baking dish. Pour the wine into the dish and over the fish. Sprinkle with the parsley. Bake for 15 minutes or until the fish flakes easily.
- Replace the flounder with any thin fillets of whitefish. Sole works well, but so do thinner fillets of haddock, halibut or cod.
- Stuffed fish will taste just as wonderful with pieces of scallop or crab in the filling. Or mix it up and use a combination of two or three seafoods for the filling.