This is a delicious fresh fruit salad recipe that is perfect for every day or entertaining.
Fruit salads are so refreshing. They bring the sunshine in all year round and are wonderfully healthy.
This fruit mixture is paired with a fabulous fruit salad dressing made with poppy seeds and cider vinegar.
Tips and Variations:
- Cut down on the sugar or substitute a non-sugar sweetener if you prefer.
- For diabetic recipes, cut out the sugar and replace it with an equivalent amount of coconut sugar or stevia. Moderate your intake of a recipe like this. Even though it is all fruit, fruit has sugars in it too.
- You can substitute raspberry vinegar for the cider vinegar. I like the cider vinegar myself, but if you love that bit of raspberry taste, try it with the raspberry vinegar.
- The melons look wonderful cut into small balls using a melon baller. They aren’t very expensive and last for years.
- Get creative and try a mixture of fruits you think will work well. Mixed berries always work well together.
- The poppy seed dressing recipe is great on lettuce salads too. Try it on spinach. It’s amazing!
Each of the ingredients in this wonderful fruit salad are so healthy for us, you can’t help but benefit from eating it. You can omit the dressing altogether and just eat the fruit for an amazing fruit salad and great nutritional value.
Fresh Fruit Salad Recipe with Poppy Seed Dressing
- 2 grapefruit, pink, peeled and sectioned
- 2 oranges, large, peeled and sectioned
- 1 cantaloupe, peeled, seeded and cut into small cubes
- 1/2 honeydew melon, peeled, seeded and cut into small cubes
- 1 pineapple, peeled, core removed and cut into small chunks
- 2 cups watermelon, cubed
- 4 cups peaches, or nectarines, peeled and sliced
- 1 quart strawberries, halved and stems removed
- 1 cup red seedless grapes, halved if they are large
Poppy Seed Fruit Salad Dressing Recipe:
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 1/3 cup cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons poppy seeds
- Combine all prepared fruits in a large bowl and chill for 1 hour.
- Make salad dressing below. Add it to the fruit salad and toss very gently to combine all of the ingredients.
- You can make this salad ahead and chill it for up to 8 hours for peak freshness. Add the dressing just before serving.
To Make the Dressing:
- Whisk all the ingredients together in a small bowl or shake them together in a jar. Cover and chill for several hours to blend flavors. Shake before using. Pour over the salad and serve immediately.
- This dressing is great made the day before.
This is a large batch recipe that feeds 12 to 16 people. Make it smaller or larger to suit your needs.
If you like this recipe, please take a moment to share it on your favorite social media. Thanks a lot.