Fruit dips are perfect for summer or any time of year.
Cut your favorite fruits into smaller pieces and serve them with one of these great recipes for dipping, or pour our fruit sauce recipe over a fruit salad.
Serve a mixture of fresh fruit with one or more of these easy dip recipes at any picnic, barbecue or on a buffet table.
Fruit dips are a great way of getting kids to eat a variety of different fruits. (Although note that one of the dips contains alcohol, obviously NOT for kids.)
Fresh fruit with dip makes a wonderful light dessert too at any time of year.
Fresh pineapple, strawberries, kiwi and many other fruits are available all year round and make a light refreshing dessert with fruit sauce or a dip.
Use as little sugar as possible, just enough to make the dip a bit sweet. If you find that difficult at first, just cut the sugar a little bit at at time until you get used to the less sweet taste. Your body will thank you.
Fruit Sauce and other Fruit Dip Recipes
Fruit Sauce Recipe
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1/4 cup honey
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- Beat ingredients together. Add more orange juice if needed to thin sauce a bit more.
- Use this as a fruit dip or as a sauce over a mixed fruit salad.
- Makes about 2 cups.
Lemon Fruit Dip
- 1 cup plain yogurt
- 3 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon grated lemon peel
Combine all ingredients. Great dip for any fruit.
Makes 1 cup.
Carmel Fruit Dip
- 1 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon Kahlua
Stir ingredients together. If you prefer to omit Kahlua, add more brown sugar to taste.
Fruits to use for dipping include:
- pineapple chunks or spears, fresh or canned
- kiwi wedges or slices (peeled is best)
- strawberries (of course!)
- slices of pears
- apple slices
- mango slices
- papaya wedges
- orange or grapefruit sections (peeled first)
- use your imagination!