Gluten Free Pizza Crust2013-05-06
Average Member Rating
(4.8 / 5)
6 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 10 pieces
- Servings : 5
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 1:12 h
- Ready In : 1:17 h
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat19
This gluten free pizza crust recipe is perfect for those who are gluten intolerant, including those who are experiencing celiac disease.
Not so long ago, anyone who was found to have a gluten intolerance had a pretty difficult time finding anything like pizza crust, anywhere.
Now, finally, recipe developers are seeing the need for recipes like this and feeding that need with wonderful cookbooks like the one this recipe came from 125 Best Gluten-Free Bread Machine Recipes by Donna Washburn and Heather Butt.
Gluten Free Pizza Recipe
- 2/3 cup (150 mL) sorghum flour
- 1/2 cup (125 mL) quinoa flour
- 1/3 cup (75 mL) potato starch
- 1/4 cup (60 mL) tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons (10 mL) xanthan gum
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) bread machine or instant yeast
- 3/4 teaspoon (3 mL) salt
- 1 1/4 cups (300 mL) water
- 1 tablespoon (15 mL) extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon (5 mL) cider vinegar
Preheat oven to 400°F (200°C).
1. In a large bowl or plastic bag, combine sorghum flour, quinoa flour, potato starch, tapioca starch, sugar, xanthan gum, yeast and salt. Mix well and set aside.
2. Pour water, oil and vinegar into the bread machine baking pan.
3. Select the Dough Cycle. Gradually add the dry ingredients as the bread machine is mixing. Scrape with a rubber spatula while adding the dry ingredients. Try to incorporate all the dry ingredients within 1 to 2 minutes. Stop the bread machine as soon as the kneading portion of the cycle is complete. Do not let the bread machine finish the cycle.
4. Gently transfer the dough to a prepared 15- by 10-inch (40 by 25 cm) jelly roll pan, lightly greased. Using a moistened rubber spatula, spread evenly to the edges. Do not smooth the top.
5. Bake in preheated oven for 12 minutes or until bottom is golden and crust is partially baked.
Use the pizza dough right away or wrap it airtight and freeze for up to 4 weeks. If you freeze the dough, thaw in the refrigerator overnight before using it to make pizza.
- Add 1 to 2 teaspoons (5 to 10 mL) of dried or 1 to 2 teaspoons (15 to 30 mL) chopped fresh rosemary, oregano, basil or thyme to the dry ingredients. Use whichever herb suits your taste.
- The pizza toppings will stick better when you don’t smooth the top of the crust.
If you like this recipe, I’d love it if you would Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, and Like it on Facebook. Share your own favorite recipes below. Thanks.