Green Bean Recipes: Green Beans Almondine2013-05-07
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
5 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 8
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 25m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat67
Of all the green bean recipes I have, green beans almondine has to be one of my favorites.
It is light, refreshing and very quick and easy to make.
Green Beans Almondine
- 3 cups water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, French cut (see Tips below)
- 1/2 cup slivered almonds
- 3 tablespoons butter or margarine, melted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- lemon twist (optional)
Combine the water and 1/2 teaspoon salt. Bring to a boil. Add the beans and return the water to a boil. Cover, reduce the heat and simmer for about 10 minutes, or until they are almost tender. Drain.
Sauté the almonds in the butter at medium heat until golden. Reduce the heat to medium low, stir in the lemon juice and salt. Add the beans and cook for another minute or two, making sure the beans get covered in the buttery sauce.
Arrange the beans on a platter and serve garnished with a lemon twist or a few thin slices of lemon.
These lovely green beans with almonds would be great served with this apricot chicken recipe.
- Do not overcook the beans while you are boiling them. They will cook a bit more when they are sauteed in the pan.
- French cut beans are sliced down the length of the bean. The recipe works just as well if the beans are chopped into bite size pieces.
- Fresh lemon juice is best but substitute bottled juice if that is all you have.
- Make sure you cut the thin slices of lemon for the garnish before you squeeze the lemons for the juice. That way you are sure to have nice slices to add when you plate the green bean recipe.
You just can’t beat this combination. You can serve this recipe with so many things. Plus, both green beans and almonds are very healthy for us.
It takes a simple dinner and makes it special, all with ingredients most of us have on hand all the time.
Give it a try and it may soon become one of your favorite healthy bean recipes too.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment and your favorite recipes below.