This is a delightful and oh so easy grilled chicken marinade recipe.
It is a lemon, olive oil and garlic marinade, with a few other ingredients to flavor it.
This recipe is an example of one of the things I love about cooking – so often a few simple ingredients make the most delicious meals, especially when you are grilling.
Grilling adds so much flavor to a dish. The distinctive char marks are not just color. They add fantastic flavor.
Chicken is such a versatile meat. It takes a marinade really well and this simple marinade is perfect. You end up with one of the nicest grilled chicken recipes you will taste.
While the grill it out, why not grill dinner? Cook baked potatoes on the grill or try grilling corn on the cob. Grilled mixed peppers are great on the barbecue too. Throw one or two hotter peppers in with the mix to add a bit of heat.
An easy meal, all done on the barbecue.
You will have a fabulous, low calorie meal that didn’t create heat in a summer kitchen. Always good in my books.
I hope you enjoy this recipe.
Barbecued Lemon Chicken
- 4 to 6 chicken breasts, skinless, boneless
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon oregano, dried
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper
- In a large, shallow, non-metallic dish, arrange the chicken in a single layer. Mix together the lemon juice, oil, garlic, oregano and cayenne in a small bowl. Stir well to thoroughly combine.
- Pour the mixture over the chicken and turn to coat both sides. Let stand at room temperature for 20 minutes or cover and refrigerate for up to 6 hours.
- On a greased grill, cook the chicken over hot coals for 4-5 minutes on each side or until the meat is no longer pink inside. Discard the marinade.