If you are looking for easy grilled fish recipes, look no further.
This Lemon Dill Fish is so easy to prepare and leaves the fish moist and delicious.
You can vary the fish you use. Try your favorites.
This recipe works well with haddock, and I love haddock recipes, but it would be equally good with catfish, halibut, cod, flounder or salmon.
Fish like fillet of sole would be a bit too thin for this recipe.
This recipe works well with a whole fish too. Just put some of the sauce mixture inside the fish cavity for extra flavor.
Grilled Fish Recipes: Lemon Dill Fish
- 1 pound fish fillets
- 1/2 cup Miracle Whip, or other similar salad dressing
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1 teaspoon dill
- Mix together Miracle Whip, juice, lemon peel and dill.
- Grease grill or broil pan. Place fish on greased pan and brush with half of the sauce mixture.
- Grill or broil about 5 to 8 minutes. Turn fish over and brush with the remaining sauce. Broil or grill for another 5 to 8 minutes, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
- Note: The exact cooking time depends on the thickness of the fish you use. Cooking time is generally about 8 minutes per side per inch of thickness of the fish.
- The instructions say to cook this on an indoor grill but you can of course follow the same directions for cooking on an outdoor grill/ barbecue. Place the fish on a cast iron pan or some pan that works well on the barbecue and follow the directions above.
- The recipe works best if you use firm thicker types of fish like haddock or halibut rather than thin fish like sole.