These Hawaiian Grilled Pork Chops are so easy to make and great for grilling season.
Grilling pork chops is a great way to cook them.
The grill adds a nice smokiness and carmelization that is perfect with any meat.
This particular marinade for grilled pork chops is very tasty. The mix of soy sauce and brown sugar is perfect for pork.
Just grilling the pork chops for a short while adds lots of flavor.
As with any grill recipes, this pork chop recipe can be cooked on the barbecue on an indoor electric grill or on a stove top grill pan.
The barbecue of course, whether coals or gas, give the meat a wonderful flavor that can’t be duplicated.
Hawaiian Style Grilled Pork Chops
- 20 ounces canned pineapple, slices, undrained
- 6 pork chops, 1 inch thick
- 1/2 cup soy sauce
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup onion, minced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- Drain the pineapple, reserving 1/4 cup of the juice. Place the chops in a large shallow dish. Combine the reserved pineapple juice, the soy sauce, oil, onion, garlic and sugar. Mix well. Pour the mixture over the pork chops. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for 2 hours. Remove the chops, reserving the marinade.
- Grill over medium coals for 40-45 minutes, turning frequently and basting with the marinade. Place a pineapple ring on each chop during the last few minutes of cooking time.
- Use fresh pineapple if you prefer. The taste of fresh grilled pineapple is really magnificent. If using fresh, replace the canned juice with either canned pineapple juice or orange juice.
Omit the sugar in the marinade for a more suitable diabetic recipe.
Subscribe to the site here and never miss a great recipe.
You will find another delicious recipe for grilled pork chops here.