This lovely lemon pudding recipe was submitted to Cookingnook.com by Iranian chef by Farhad Zafari of iranchef.
I love lemon pudding and this looks like a great recipe. I love the addition of healthy buttermilk to the recipe. It will give it a nice tart taste. Replace the buttermilk with regular milk if you prefer.
The velvety texture of this pudding is so nice.
This pudding recipe is a great recipe to serve for company or every day. It’s easy to make but so delicious.
- 2 eggs, large
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 2 cups buttermilk
- 1/2 teaspoon lemon peel, grated
- 1/3 cup lemon juice
- 1/4 cup butter
- Whipped cream as desired
- In a mixing bowl, blend the eggs to mix the egg yolks and egg whites.
- In a deep sauce pan, combine the sugar, cornstarch, flour and buttermilk. Cook the mixture on medium heat for 15 minutes.
- Remove the pan from the heat and slowly mix the beaten eggs into the mixture. Now add the lemon peel, lemon juice, and butter and simmer on low heat for 4-6 minutes. but don’t boil.
- When the mixture gets thick, pour it into a glass bowl and mix whipped cream into it.
- Scoop the pudding into serving bowls and chill for 30 mins.
Makes about 4 to 6 servings.