Lemonade is a sweet tart refresher any time of the year, but it is especially welcome on warm summer days.
This homemade lemonade recipe is very easy to make and hits the right spot every time.
You can make this recipe in one of two ways. For version 1 you can mix all of the ingredients together until the sugar is fully dissolved.
Sugar doesn’t always dissolve well in cold water though so you may want to take a bit more time and use version two.
In that version you would heat the water, then add the sugar and stir it until it dissolves in the hot water. Add the lemon juice to it and cool before serving. That way you ensure that the sugar is completely dissolved and not sitting at the bottom of your glass.
I have also given you the directions for fresh limeade. We don’t tend to think of limeade as much, but it certainly is just as refreshing.
So whether you are looking to cool down with summer’s favorite drink or your little ones want to open a cold drink stand, this easy recipe should be just the thing.
- 3 cups water
- 1 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 cup sugar
- Mix all the ingredients until the sugar is dissolved. Serve over lots of ice.
- Garnish with lemon or orange slices and fresh mint if desired.
To Make Limeade:
Substitute lime juice for the lemon juice and increase the sugar to 3/4 cup. Garnish with strawberries and lime slices if desired.
Makes 6 servings, 3/4 cup each.
- Add a few dashes of grenadine syrup for a pretty pink lemon ade.
- You can easily double, triple or quadruple this recipe to serve as many as you need.
- To make sure the sugar dissolves properly you can heat it with the 3 cups of water until the sugar dissolves, then add the lemon juice. Chill it before serving.
- Replace the sugar with an equivalent amount (not equal weight, but what equals the weight) of a natural sweetener like Stevia or agave for a healthier lemonade recipe.
Subscribe to the site here and never miss a great recipe.
Lemonade is just one of our tasty drink recipes. Find them all here.
If you like this recipe, please take a moment to share it on your favorite social media. Thanks a lot.
1 thought on “Lemonade”
Great Drink for a Summer Party!
The Homemade Lemonade recipe was such a hit at our annual summer party, it was so refreshing and had such a great taste. We had many compliments. We chose to garnish with sliced lemons and limes and mint leaves, great choice, adds so much flavour!! your guests with love this!