This is one of the easiest creamy yet low carb broccoli soup recipes you will ever find.
Being a low carb soup, its a great find for those of us watching our carbohydrate intake or looking for diabetic recipes.
Just because the recipe says low carb, don’t let it stop you from trying it if you are not watching your carbohydrate intake.
It’s an easy, delicious and creamy broccoli soup that everyone will love.
Low Carb Broccoli Soup Recipe
- 3 cups chicken broth, or vegetable
- 2 cups broccoli, chopped, or 1 - 10 oz package frozen broccoli
- 1/2 cup cheddar cheese, grated
- 3 tablespoons parmesan cheese, grated, optional but tasty
- 1/4 cup cream, or milk
- Place the chicken broth into saucepan. Add 1 can of water if you are using condensed chicken broth.
- Add the broccoli. Boil for 6 or 7 minutes, until broccoli is tender. Add grated cheeses and cream or milk. Heat through. Enjoy!
- To make this into a vegetarian broccoli soup, simply substitute vegetable broth in place of the chicken broth.
- If you want this soup to be thick with no large chunks of broccoli, blend it using a hand blender once it is cooked.
- Vary the taste by using different cheeses. Try swiss cheese or pepper jack for a taste twist.
- Use cauliflower instead of broccoli and turn it into an easy low carb creamy cauliflower soup.
- Be adventuresome and add other vegetables too. Try things like zucchini or onions.