This fabulous recipe for sweet crunchy monster cookies comes from a great baking cookbook The Amish Cook’s Baking Book.
They all look wonderful and I want to try them all, one recipe at a time.
I love the tried and true homestyle authentic Amish baking recipes in this cookbook. The author, Lovina Eicher, writes this of her monster cookie recipe:
“My children like these cookies because of the M&M’s. If these are in the pan when cookies are passed around at church, the children will grab these first because they see the M&M’s. Mom would make these sometimes, not too often, because it was difficult to keep the M&M’s on hand.”
- 1 cup butter, softened, 2 sticks
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 cup brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs, large
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon corn syrup
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 1/2 cups peanut butter, creamy
- 4 1/2 cups rolled oats, quick-cooking
- 2 cups chocolate chips
- 2 cups M & M’s, plain
- Preheat the oven to 350°F.
- In a large bowl, cream the butter and sugars. Add the eggs, one at a time and mixing between each addition, the vanilla, corn syrup, baking soda, and peanut butter. Mix well until smooth. Add the oats and mix well, scraping the sides of the bowl. Add the chocolate chips and mix until they are evenly distributed throughout the batter. Then add the M&M’s and mix well.
- Drop the batter by the tablespoon 2 inches apart onto ungreased baking sheets. Bake at 350°F until the edges are golden brown, 10 to 12 minutes. Let cool on baking sheets for about 3 minutes before transferring to cooling racks.
- Cool the cookies on a wire rack or a plate and then put into sealed containers.
- These cookies will stay fresh for up to 5 days. Makes 6 dozen cookies.
These monster cookies are just one of the sweet treat recipes we have on the site that you and your family will love. Look here for the complete list.