This is a tasty looking Indian mutton recipe with peas.
It was originally submitted to Cookingnook.com by Sheila Sharma from Kolkata, West Bengal, India. She says: “This is a very tasty mutton recipe. It can be made with chicken too.”
Mutton is simply older lamb, so feel free to use lamb instead. Or chicken as Sheila indicates.
Indian Mutton Recipe with Peas
- 2 pounds lamb, or mutton
- 2 cups mustard oil
- 3 onions, finely chopped
- 4 tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons ginger garlic paste
- 8 ounces green peas
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 tablespoon garam masala
- Salt, as per taste
- Boil the mutton pieces with salt and turmeric powder and set aside.
- Heat oil and add garam masala powder, onion, ginger garlic paste and tomatoes. Stir nicely and then add green peas. Cook together for a few minutes. Finally, add the pre boiled mutton pieces and mix thoroughly.
I just love getting your original recipes and sharing them with others on the site, so feel free to send me your favorites.