This oatmeal cookie recipe is so good they are some of the best I have tasted.
These cookies are very easy to make and a healthy cookie recipe to boot.
Oatmeal cookies are a real favorite of kids and adults alike. They are my all time favorite and welcome any time in my home.
Add 1/2 cup of chopped nuts for extra taste and nutrition.
See the tips and variations section below for more delicious variations on this classic cookie.
Oatmeal Cookie Recipe
- 3/4 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1/2 cup white sugar
- 1 egg
- 2 tablespoons water
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 3/4 cup all purpose flour
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 3 cups oats
- 1 1/2 cups raisins
- 1/2 cup walnuts, chopped, optional
- Cream together butter, sugars, egg, water and vanilla using electric mixer at medium speed. Mix until light and fluffy.
- Combine flour, soda and cinnamon. Add to creamed mixture, mixing on low speed until blended. Stir in oats and raisins.
- Drop dough by heaping tablespoons full onto greased baking sheets. Press them flat if you want a crisp cookie, or leave them rounded if you like a chewier cookie.
- Bake at 350° for 12-15 minutes only until edges of cookies are golden brown.
Makes about 3 to 4 dozen cookies, depending on size.
- Substitute whole wheat flour for the all purpose flour to create an even healthier Quaker oats oatmeal cookie.
- Replace the raisins with chocolate chips for a decadent oatmeal chocolate chip cookie.
- Replace 1/2 the all purpose flour with oat flour to create a healthy oat flour oatmeal cookie recipe.