This fantastic oreo cookie recipe was submitted by one of our members.
These homemade Oreo cookies are similar to Oreo Cakesters in taste and texture.
This is what the recipe submitter has to say about this wonderful chocolate cookie recipe:
“I’ve been making these long before The Oreo Cakesters came out. I got the recipe from one of my bosses, actually one of the best bosses that I have ever worked with. Her and her husband were really nice and treated their employees with the respect we deserved. It was an honor to work for you Lori and Bob.”
Bake and enjoy. Happy cookie making.
Homemade Oreo Cookie Recipe
- 2 boxes of devil's food cake mix, use the mix that asks for oil to be added
- 6 eggs
- oil, amount depends on what brand of cake mix you buy - use the amount shown on the box times 2
- 16 ounces cream cheese, 2 regular packages
- 4 tablespoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups icing sugar
- Preheat the oven to the temperature stated on the cake box.
- Mix the cake mixes, eggs and oil in a bowl until the mixture is well blended. It won't look anything like a cake mix, but it's not suppose to. It has to be thick to give you the soft cookie outside.
- When blended together, roll into balls whatever size you like. I usually make them the size of the rim of an 8 ounces glass when they are flattened. Put on a cookie sheet. Don't flatten too much. (You can use a fork to flatten them or your fingers).
- Place the oreo cookies in the pre-heated oven. Bake in the oven as per the directions on the box for cup cakes.
- While the outsides are baking it's time to make the filling. Beat the cream cheese until its creamy and has no lumps. Add vanilla and icing sugar and mix until blended. Place the icing in the fridge until the cookies are baked and cooled.
- Once cooled, spread the cream cheese icing on one cookie and then sandwich it with another one.
The yield depends on the size you make the cookies, but probably approximately 48 sandwiched Oreo sized cookies.