I am not sure why these light and easy cookies are called patty cake cookies but they are easy to make and very good.
The recipe calls for self-raising flour you can make it yourself. For each cup of all-purpose flour called for in the recipe, add 1 1/4 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/4 teaspoon of salt. So for this recipe you would add 2 1/2 teaspoons of baking powder and 1/2 teaspoon of salt. ONLY if you don’t have self raising flour.
Patty Cake Cookies
- 2 cups self-raising flour
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 ounces dark chocolate, for melting
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC). Line cookie sheet with baking paper.
- Sift flour and sugar into large mixing bowl. Add oil, eggs, milk, and vanilla. Beat until smooth.
- Spoon mixture onto baking paper to make patty cakes 2" in diameter. Bake in hot oven for 15 minutes until tops of patty cakes are golden.
- Remove from oven and cool on a wire rack. While cookies are cooling, melt chocolate in microwave or stir over low heat in a saucepan. Spread melted chocolate over top of cooled patty cake cookies. Sprinkle with finely chopped nuts if you want.
Makes about one dozen cookies.
Enjoy these soft and fluffy patty cakes.