This peanut butter balls recipe is one of those fantastic quick and easy no bake cookie recipes.
I love this kind of recipe, because it is quick and easy to make and everyone loves them.
They make perfect Christmas cookies and would be a wonderful addition to a holiday baking dessert tray.
These little gems are really a cross between no bake cookies and a chocolate candy.
There is no flour or eggs in them like a traditional cookie and they are not baked. It is simply a mix of really tasty ingredients mixed together, rolled and then dipped into melted chocolate. Can’t beat that!
They are like peanut butter cups with a crunch.
They take about 15 minutes to make and the recipe makes quite a large amount, depending of course on how large you make the balls.
This chocolate and peanut butter recipe can easily be multiplied to make as many as you would like. That makes it a great recipe for a Christmas cookie exchange. Your friends will love your contribution to the holiday sweet table.
Drizzle them with a fine line of white chocolate for a more elegant look.
Of course these aren’t just Christmas cookies. Friends and family love them all year round.
Peanut Butter Balls
- 1 cup icing sugar
- 1 cup crisp rice cereal
- 1 cup peanut butter
- chocolate, unsweetened
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Mix together the icing sugar, rice krispies and peanut butter. Roll the mixture into little balls.
- Melt the chocolate together with the oil in the top of a double boiler. Roll the balls in the melted chocolate with a spoon. Place the balls on waxed paper and put them into the freezer for 5 minutes or refrigerate them until they are solid.
- The recipe easily multiplies to make as many as you would like.
- The number of peanut butter balls you can make with this recipe depends entirely on how large you make the balls. I would think you should get about 24 balls or more.
- The amount of chocolate to melt is not stated but I think you would need 3 or 4 squares to create enough to dip into and cover the balls. Try using a smaller pot to melt the chocolate so the pool of chocolate is a bit deeper.
- Try decorating the balls with a drizzle of white chocolate for an elegant look.