These chocolate peanut butter squares taste very much like the real brand name Peanut Butter Cups.
It is one of the easiest chocolate desserts you can ever imagine. No need to even turn on the oven!
Kids and adults alike will just love these squares. It is also one of my favorite Christmas deserts.
They are a welcome addition to a plate of mixed cookies, tarts and other treats any time of year.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Squares
- 1 cup peanut butter
- 1 cup butter, or margarine
- 2 cups icing sugar
- 2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate chips
- In a saucepan, melt together peanut butter and butter or margarine. Add the icing sugar and graham cracker crumbs. Blend together. Pour and press into a 9"x13" pan. Melt the butter and chocolate chips together. Spread the mixture on top of the squares.
- Put the squares in the refrigerator to firm up.
- To serve, take them out of the fridge and leave them at room temperature for a while before cutting so the chocolate doesn't crack. Makes up to 36 squares.
- Add chopped walnuts to the base mixture.