If you are looking for a good potato salad recipe, you’ve found it!
This is a simple recipe but has a few ingredients that really up the flavor component of the potato salad. I just love celery seeds and they add a touch of fantastic flavor.
The mustard and pickle juice amp up the flavor even more.
Whether it is for a family picnic, summer Sunday dinner or any day tasty side dish, there is something about classic potato salad that keeps us all coming back for more.
This recipe for potato salad is so handy to have. Everyone loves potato salad in the summer. It is the classic summer barbecue side dish and goes with pretty much anything.
It is also appreciated on buffet tables and is a great take along for pot luck dinners.
This really is a delicious potato salad. I hope you like it. Enjoy!
Potato Salad Recipe
- 4 cups potatoes, cooked, peeled and cubed (about 6 or 7 whole potatoes)
- 1 cup Miracle Whip, or mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon mustard
- 1/2 teaspoon celery seeds
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 2 hard boiled eggs, chopped
- 1/2 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup celery, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup sweet pickles, finely chopped
- Boil potatoes whole, with the skins on, in salted water for about 15 to 20 minutes until they are tender in the middle when you prick with a fork. Do not overboil or the salad will be mushy.
- Cool the potatoes a bit then peel them, cut into cubes and place in a large bowl.
- In a separate smaller bowl combine the mayonnaise, mustard, celery seeds, salt and pepper. Mix well. Add the chopped eggs, onion, celery and pickles and mix together to combine.
- Pour dressing over the cubed potatoes and mix lightly so as not to break up the potatoes too much. Cover and chill until time to serve.
You can use white onion or sweet onion for this recipe but red onion or green onions make the salad prettier. Use whatever you prefer or have on hand.
Note: If you need this recipe to be completely gluten free, please make sure your mayonnaise is gluten free.