These fabulous potato wedges get a spicy kick from garlic salt, pepper and some chili flakes.
They are easy to make and really pack a punch in terms of flavor.
You can easily vary the spices you use to suit your own taste.
This yummy potato recipe is served with it’s own creamy garlic and Parmesan dipping sauce. Together they are absolutely fantastic.
Try sprinkling chopped fresh chives, parsley or cilantro over the hot potatoes for serving. More yum!
Spicy Potato Wedges
- 6 russet potatoes, or other baking potatoes, cut into wedges (do not peel)
- olive oil, regular or extra virgin
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, fresh cracked
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- dash chili flakes
Creamy Garlic and Parmesan Cheese Dip:
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1/2 cup caesar salad dressing
- 1/8 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Preheat the oven to 400ºF (or 200ºC).
- In a large bowl, mix together the potato wedges and a small amount of oil. Add the garlic salt, black pepper, cayenne pepper, parsley, salt and red chili flakes, mixing to coat evenly. Place on a cookie sheet and bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes.
- If you want a crisper skin on the potatoes, broil them for a few minutes at the end of the cooking time.
To Make The Garlic Parmesan Dip:
- To make the dipping sauce combine sour cream, dressing and cheese together in a small bowl. If you really like it hot, add a few drops (or several) of hot sauce.
Serves 4 to 6.
Serve the potato wedges with the creamy dip on the side.
- You can use vegetable oil instead of olive oil. I use olive oil because it is so healthy for us and adds a nice taste. Use whatever oil you prefer that tolerates cooking at a high heat.
- Vary it up a bit. You can also use onion salt, cayenne pepper, or even a bit of dried oregano if you want.