One of the nicest and easiest recipes for baked salmon you will find, this crab stuff salmon is a great recipe for those who would like to know how to bake salmon.
The foil baked salmon is moist and delicious each time, with little effort.
It is really one of the easiest foods to cook.
Baked salmon recipes are also very healthy for us. Salmon is one of the world’s super foods and is on our list of 10 healthiest foods to eat.
It is great for all eating plans, including a low fat diet or a low carb high protein diet.
Delicious and good for you – you just can’t beat that combination!
Crab Stuffed Salmon Recipe
- 1 onion, small, finely chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 stalk celery, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 4.5 ounces crabmeat, canned, drained
- 1 cup cooked rice
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon lemon zest, grated
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 1/2 pounds salmon fillets, ideally in two long pieces
- 1/2 lemon, sliced
- Preheat oven to 450ºF.
- In a skillet over medium heat; cook onion, garlic and celery in butter until softened. Stir in crabmeat, rice, lemon juice, parsley, lemon peel and seasonings.
- Cover 1 fish fillet with the stuffing. Top with the second fillet. Secure the two pieces together with string or toothpicks. Arrange lemon slices on top. Wrap loosely in several thicknesses of aluminum foil.
- Place foil packet on cookie sheet and bake for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until fish flakes easily with a fork.
To Make the Salmon as Shown in the Image:
The image above and below shows this baked stuffed salmon recipe done just a bit fancier. It is a great recipe for entertaining.
Instead of cooking the salmon whole, cut the fish into individually sized fillets. Slice the fillet down the center almost to the bottom. Spread it out and stuff the cavity that you have created with the wonderful filling.
Place the fillets on parchment paper or aluminum foil on a baking sheet. Wrap the entire baking sheet with more foil. Bake as it says above.