Rhubarb pie recipe – doesn’t the name just make you think spring?
This particular recipe is an Amish rhubarb pie, with a crumble topping.
Note that this recipe does not include directions for the crust. Look for our pie crust recipes here.
You can also bake the filling in a traditional double pie crust if you would prefer.
You can make this wonderful pie any time, but springtime, when fresh rhubarb is readily available, is the perfect time for homemade rhubarb pie.
Rhubarb Pie Recipe with Crumble Crust
- 3 cups rhubarb, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
- 2 eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 tablespoons flour
- 1 9" pie crust, Pastry for single crust 9" pie crust
For the Crumble Topping:
- 1/2 cup all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/4 cup butter, cold
- Preheat oven to 425ºF.
- Place the rhubarb in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, stir together the eggs and melted butter. In another small bowl, mix together sugar and flour and then stir it into the egg mixture. Mix until well combined. Add to the rhubarb and mix well.
- Mix together the flour, sugar and cinnamon. Using a pastry cutter, cut in the butter until the mixture looks like coarse crumbs.
- Spoon rhubarb mixture into a pastry lined pie shell. Sprinkle the crumb topping evenly over the pie. Bake at 425ºF for 15 minutes, then reduce the heat to 350ºF and bake for 35 to 40 minutes longer until the filling is set and the topping is golden.