Seafood Risotto Recipe2014-01-14
Average Member Rating
(5 / 5)
3 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 4 to 5
- Prep Time : 5m
- Cook Time : 35m
- Ready In : 40m
This information is per serving.
This is a lovely seafood risotto recipe with a hint of lemon.
It is a fairly simple recipe with few ingredients but lots of flavor.
I have used the all shrimp version here, but you can substitute your favorite seafood or a mix of shrimp, scallops and lobster to make a mixed seafood risotto.
Shrimp Risotto Recipe
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 cup finely chopped shallots
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 cup uncooked Arborio (or other short grain white rice)
- 1/2 cup dry white wine or chicken broth
- 29 ounces chicken broth, heated
- 1 pound uncooked medium shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice (optional)
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
Heat 2 teaspoons of oil a 12 inch non-stick skillet on medium high heat. Cook the shallots and garlic in the oil, stirring frequently, until the shallots are just crisp tender.
Reduce the heat to medium. Stir in the rice. Cook, stirring frequently, until the rice begins to turn color. Stir in the wine. Cook almost until the liquid is absorbed. Pour 1/2 cup of the broth over the rice mixture. Cook, uncovered, stirring occasionally, until the liquid is almost absorbed. Continue cooking for 15-20 minutes, adding broth 1/2 cup at a time and stirring often until the rice is creamy and tender with just a hint of a bite to it.
When the rice has about 10 minutes of cooking time left, heat 2 teaspoons of oil in a 10 inch skillet over medium heat. Cook the shrimp in the oil for 4-5 minutes, stirring frequently, until the shrimp are pink and firm. Drizzle the shrimp with the lemon juice. Remove the scallops and shrimp from the skillet, using a slotted spoon and gently stir them into the rice mixture along with the lemon peel.
Sprinkle chopped fresh parsley over the top and serve.
Makes 4-5 servings.
- For a mixed seafood risotto substitute half of the shrimp with 1/2 pound bay scallops. Cook as instructed above. Or use a mix of your favorite seafoods, like sea scallops, lobster, crab and clams.
- Seafood risotto and pasta recipes are not usually topped with Parmesan cheese. Lemon is the flavor of the day in Italian seafood dishes. Although some might call it sacrilegious, add some grated Parmesan cheese if you really love it.
- Although the ingredients say you can substitute the Arborio rice with another short grain rice, it is always preferable to use Arborio rice. It is rich and creamy and prefect for risotto.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.
Click here to add your own favorite recipes.