Roast chicken recipes are perfect for so many occasions.
This particular recipe for roast chicken adds the wonderful taste and aroma of rosemary, which is a perfect match for chicken.
Roasting the chicken pieces with carrots, potatoes and yams adds lots of flavor and makes this a perfect easy dinner recipe. I am sure your family will love it.
Great for every day, roasted chicken also makes a perfect Sunday dinner or easy entertaining recipe too.
With the skin removed, roasted chicken is a lean protein and quite healthy for us.
This is a very easy dinner recipe. While the chicken is baking, simply make a delicious salad to accompany it and you’re done!
Rosemary Roast Chicken With Two Potatoes
- 1 onion, sliced
- 3 cloves garlic , minced
- 6 chicken legs, thighs or breasts
- 3 carrots, cut into large pieces
- 4 potatoes, cut into large pieces
- 2 sweet potatoes, cut into large pieces
- dried rosemary
- dried dill, optional, or use all rosemary
- salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Place onion and garlic in bottom of large roaster. Add chicken pieces. Add vegetables. Sprinkle generously with rosemary and dill. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Fill the roaster about half full with water, just enough to cover the top of the chicken pieces. Cover and cook in a preheated oven for approximately 2 hours. For a crispier chicken, remove the lid for the last 30 minutes.
- You can make a tasty gravy from the juices that are left if you have enough. If you don’t have enough juices, simply add chicken stock and thicken to make as much gravy as you need.