This is a light and lovely roasted salmon recipe.
Recipes for baked salmon make not only easy dinner recipes, but very healthy recipes as well.
Salmon is one of the best foods we can eat, so good it is one of the top 10 healthiest foods and often called a super food.
Among other things, salmon contains lots of Omega-3 fatty acids, a polyunsaturated essential fatty acid that is very healthy for us.
This wonderful recipe comes from Crystal who has a great website called www.makedinnereasy.com. It’s filled with delicious, healthy recipes and weekly menu ideas.
Roasted Salmon with Capers
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 1/4 cup breadcrumbs, plain dried
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, loosely packed
- 3 tablespoons capers, drained
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 2 pounds salmon fillet, whole or in serving size pieces
- Preheat the oven to 450°.
- In a 1 quart saucepan, melt butter over low heat. Remove the saucepan from the heat. Stir in bread crumbs, parsley, capers, dried tarragon, salt and pepper.
- Line a cookie sheet with foil. Spray the foil with Pam. Place the salmon, skin side down, in the pan and pat the crumb mixture on top.
- Roast for 30 minutes or until the salmon turns opaque throughout and the topping is lightly browned. With 2 large spatulas, carefully transfer the salmon to a serving platter.
- Garnish with lemon wedges and fresh parsley or tarragon if desired.
It is a wonderful recipe for those needing diabetic recipes because it is quite low carb with just that bit of bread crumbs.