Roasted vegetable recipes are so easy to prepare they make dinner a breeze.
Just pop them in the oven next to a main course and go off to do something else while dinner bakes away.
This oven roasted vegetable recipes are very healthy recipes and provide another interesting way to add a wide variety of vegetables in your menu.
I roast vegetables like this a LOT, especially during the colder winter months. It’s a great tummy warmer and perfect when root vegetables are at their peak.
Roasted Vegetable Recipes
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into wedges
- 2 parsnips, peeled
- 2 carrots, peeled
- 1 potato, yukon gold or baking potato, scrubbed
- 1 sweet potato, peeled
- 1 butternut squash, or turnip, peeled
- 5 cloves garlic, crushed
- 1/3 cup olive oil
- salt & fresh ground pepper to taste
- Preheat oven to 350ºF.
- Cut parsnips and carrots on the diagonal into 1/4 inch slices. Cut potato and sweet potato into 1/4 inch slices. Cut squash or turnip into 1/2 inch slices.
- Place all vegetables and garlic in a large roasting pan. Add olive oil. Season with salt and pepper. Toss well. Cover with a lid or foil.
- Bake 30 minutes. Uncover and bake, stirring occasionally, for an other 30 to 40 minutes or until vegetables are tender, golden brown and still slightly crispy.