This soft chocolate chip cookie recipe has the unusual addition of blueberries.
When my friend told me her recipe had blueberries in it, I was shocked. I had never heard of blueberries in a cookie and couldn’t imagine that they would taste that great, even though I love blueberries.
The truth is they are the most amazing cookies I have tasted. I think I ate three that day!
An added benefit is that blueberries are so amazingly healthy for us. I use every opportunity to get more blueberries to my diet, breakfast, lunch, dinner or dessert.
If you love blueberries, these cookies are a must try. They are amazing.
White chocolate chips replace the regular chocolate chips in this recipe. They go nicely with the blueberries and add a light sweetness to the cookies. Omit the chocolate chips for a delicious blueberry cookie on its own.
Of course the addition of blueberries makes this a bit of a healthy cookie recipe too. If you really want to up the nutritional value of these fantastic cookies, replace 1/2 the white flour with whole wheat flour. I always sift whole wheat flour before I bake with it to lighten it up a bit.
If you can’t get your kids to eat enough fruit, try this great cookie recipe.
Soft Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe with Blueberries
- 1/4 cup butter, cubed, plus extra for greasing
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 cup milk
- 1/2 cup blueberries, fresh
- 1/4 cup white chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375ºF.
- Lightly grease a large baking sheet.
- Sift the flour, baking powder, and cinnamon into a bowl. Rub in the butter or margarine, using your fingertips, until the mixture resembles rough bread crumbs, then stir in the sugar.
- Stir in the milk, blueberries, and chocolate chips until just combined (the dough will be quite sticky}. Spoon 8 mounds, spaced well apart, onto the baking sheet and bake for 20 minutes at 375ºF, or until golden and springy to the touch.
- Cool on a wire rack for a few minutes before serving. Makes about 12 cookies.
- You can use regular chocolate chips with this recipe instead of the white chocolate if you prefer. I’m not sure how butterscotch chips would work but you can try them.
If you like this recipe, I would really appreciate it if you share it on social media. Thanks.