Waffles are such a delicious treat most of us don’t know how easy they are to make at home.
You don’t need a waffle house any more! Just use this delicious never fail waffle recipe to make easy waffle treats any time.
It’s one of my all time favorite breakfast recipes, but makes a great brunch or light lunch recipe too.
Drizzle with your favorite syrup (maple syrup is perfect, but any syrup will do the trick) and add some sliced fresh fruit on the side. Divine!
Waffles don’t have to be a less than healthy sweet breakfast covered in syrup. Add chopped walnuts to the batter and serve the waffles topped with fresh chopped fruit. Berries are a great addition.
Plus look below the recipe for other ways to create delicious waffle recipe variations.
- 2 eggs, separated
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 cups all purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 2 ounces butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons cold water
- Beat egg whites until soft peaks form. Beat egg yolks and milk lightly together. Add sifted dry ingredients and beat until smooth. Add melted, cooled butter and the water. Blend well. Fold in the beaten egg whites.
- Heat the waffle iron. Brush both top and bottom surfaces of waffle iron with a bit of oil. Spoon approximately 2 tablespoons of the waffle mixture into the center of the iron. Close the iron, cook until golden brown, about 1 minute (exact timing depends on your waffle maker. Follow their directions for perfect results).
- When the waffle is ready, all of the steam will have stopped emerging from the iron. If you try to lift the top of the iron and the top shows resistance, it is not quite done. Cook 1 minute longer and try again.
Makes about 10 waffles.
With some waffle irons, the mixture needs to be spread to cover surface of iron. Make sure to read the instructions for your machine to make sure.
- For fruit waffles, add 1 tablespoon sugar and 1 teaspoon grated lemon rind to the sifted ingredients. Before adding egg whites, beat in 1 cup thinly sliced and chopped banana or 1/2 cup drained crushed pineapple or 1 cup of blueberries.
- For raisin, nut or coconut waffles, add to the sifted ingredients 1/2 cup seeded raisins and 1/2 cup chopped nuts, or 3/4 cup shredded coconut or 3/4 cup pecan pieces.