Angel Hair Pasta Recipes: Pasta With Lemon and Garlic2013-04-16
Average Member Rating
(4.6 / 5)
5 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 2 to 4
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat58
This is bound to become one of your favorite angel hair pasta recipes, especially if you are a garlic lover.
The combination of garlic, olive oil, wine and tomatoes with the added bonus of chopped fresh basil will delight your taste buds.
It is such an elegant, beautiful looking meal too, that it is also a dinner that company will delight in.
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, peeled and minced
- 1/2 cup dry white wine
- 1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 cup chopped tomato
- 8 ounces angel hair pasta
- 1/4 cup chopped fresh basil
- 2 tablespoon freshly grated parmesan cheese
- pepper, to taste
Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil over high heat and maintain at a boil.
Put olive oil and garlic into a sauté pan and cook garlic over medium heat until garlic begins to brown. Don't cook the garlic on too high a heat or it will burn.
Remove the pan from the heat and pour in the wine. Return the pan to the heat and cook for 1 to 2 minutes, until wine is reduced by half. Stir in lemon juice and chopped tomato. Remove the pan from the heat.
Place the pasta in boiling water and cook until desired tenderness. Drain and place in a large serving bowl. Add the basil, Parmesan cheese, pepper and olive oil/ tomato mixture. Toss and serve.
- Use any kind of pasta for this recipe. It doesn’t have to be angel hair pasta. Linguine, fettucine or penne would work equally well.
- It is very important to salt the water that you cook pasta in. Unsalted water or water that has too little salt added will result in tasteless pasta. No matter what you do with it later, and no matter how amazing the sauce is, it will not taste as good as it can if you do not salt the cooking water.
Make It Healthier
This is a pretty healthy pasta recipe already, but you can exchange the wine in the recipe for an equal amount of chicken stock or vegetable stock.
To make it gluten-free, simply replace the pasta with gluten free pasta or noodles.
Here is another healthy twist: Cook the sauce as indicated and serve it over quinoa! Healthy quinoa is full of protein and great for those who need to eat gluten free.
This is an easy dinner recipe that is perfect for a quick weekday dinner, as it can easily be on the table in less than 30 minutes.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below. Thanks.