Grapefruit and Avocado Salad Recipe2013-04-20
Average Member Rating
(4.9 / 5)
7 people rated this recipe
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 15m
- Cook Time : 20m
- Ready In : 35m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat229
This is a lovely and light fruit and avocado salad recipe.
It is a mix of fresh grapefruit avocado slices with a lovely creamy dressing.
Light, healthy and nutritious – can’t beat that.
- 3 grapefruit, peeled, seeded, sectioned and drained
- 3 medium avocados, halved and seeded
- 3 cups baby spinach or mixed greens
- lemon juice
- 1/2 cup mayonnaise (can use light if you prefer)
- 1/2 cup sour cream (light if you prefer)
- 1/4 cup chopped green pepper or red
- 1/4 cup chopped celery
- 3/4 teaspoon onion salt
Arrange the greens, avocado slices and grapefruit slices on a plate. Top the salad with creamy dressing.
Let sit for 10 to 15 minutes before serving to allow the flavors to come together.
Sprinkle paprika over the finished salad.
- You can also serve the salad in the avocado shell.
- How do you serve an avocado salad, in the skin or out of it? I prefer to take the skin off. I find that when avocados are really ripe they can begin to get small black spots near the skin. I want to make sure any of those spots are removed before eating the avocado. So I remove the skin and make sure the entire half is brushed with lemon juice to prevent it from darkening.
- Make it a meal. Add cooked shrimp or chopped cooked chicken to the salad.
The dressing is a mix of mayonnaise and sour cream with celery and green or red peppers for color and crunch.
If you like this recipe, I’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below. Thanks.