Cheddar Bacon Broccoli Quiche2013-04-27
Average Member Rating
(3.6 / 5)
11 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 1 quiche
- Servings : 6
- Prep Time : 25m
- Cook Time : 30m
- Ready In : 55m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat331
I love this cheddar bacon broccoli quiche recipe. It is my favorite quiche recipe.
People tend to think of quiche as a bit exotic, so it must be difficult to prepare.
The reality is that is is really quite easy, especially if you decide to use pre-made pie crust.
Cheddar Bacon Broccoli Quiche
- Pie crust for single 9" one-crust pie
- 1/2 pound of bacon (about 12 slices), fried crisp and crumbled
- 1/2 cup broccoli, fresh or frozen, finely chopped
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1/3 cup minced onion
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups light cream (or whipping cream for super richness)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
Heat oven to 425°.
Prepare pastry for one-crust pie (if using mix or homemade crust recipe) and bake as directed in 9" pie plate or quiche pan.
Steam broccoli for a few minutes to partially cook.
Layer bacon, onion, brocooli and cheese evenly over bottom of pie crust. Mix together remaining ingredients. Beat well to really mix the eggs using a whisk or blend in the blender at low speed. Pour over other ingredients in pie crust shell. Bake at 425° for 15 minutes.
Reduce the heat to 300°. Bake quiche 30 minutes longer or until knife inserted in center comes out clean. Let pie stand for 10 minutes to cool before cutting.
- Omit the bacon to turn this into a vegetarian quiche.
- Best pie crust recipes? Try Crisco or lard and use the recipe right on the box. They work wonderfully.
- Use Swiss or Emmenthal cheese for a milder, but still tangy flavor.
- Make it Low Carb: Baked in a greased pie plate without the crust, this recipe makes a delicious low carb lunch or dinner entrée.
If you want to make a homemade pie crust, simply click the link in the recipe to go to our pie crust recipe.
Either way, this quiche recipe makes a wonderful lunch or light easy dinner recipe with a side salad.
It is perfect for entertaining too.
Like this recipe? We’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.