The Best Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe2013-04-28
Average Member Rating
(4 / 5)
21 people rated this recipe
- Yield : 36 cookies
- Servings : 36
- Prep Time : 10m
- Cook Time : 10m
- Ready In : 20m
This information is per serving.
Calories from Fat70
This is the original Toll House chocolate chip cookie recipe.
I think that just about anyone with even the smallest sweet tooth loves chocolate chip cookies.
What better recipe to use than the tried, tested and proven favorite Toll House cookie recipe.
Chocolate Chip Cookie Recipe
- 2 1/4 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 3/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 - 12 ounce package (or 2 cups) semi-sweet chocolate chips
- 1 cup chopped nuts (optional, but so good)
Preheat oven to 375°.
In a small bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. Set aside for a minute.
In a large bowl, combine butter, white sugar, brown sugar, and vanilla. Beat until the mixture is creamy. Beat in the eggs. Gradually add in the flour mixture. Stir in the chocolate chips and nuts.
Drop the cookie mixture by the tablespoonful on an ungreased cookie sheets. Bake for 9-11 minutes, until golden brown.
This recipe makes about 3 dozen 2 1/4" cookies.
- To make this recipe into a Pan Cookie recipe spread the dough on to a greased 15 1/2″ x 10 1/2 “x 1” baking pan. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into squares. Makes 35 squares.
- To make Refrigerator Chocolate Chip Cookies, divide the dough in half and wrap each half in waxed paper. Chill for about 1 hour until firm. (The dough can be stored in refrigerator for up to 1 week or in the freezer for up to 8 weeks.)
- When ready to bake the cookies, on waxed paper, roll each section of dough into a 15″ log. Cut each log into 30 1/2″ slices and place them on ungreased cookie sheets. Bake at 375° for 8-10 minutes.
- Of course you can substitute butterscotch chips for the chocolate chips for terrifically sweet butterscotch chip cookies. Or use half chocolate chips and half butterscotch.
These sweet treats are so easy to make and such a hit every time you make them.
I really think it is one of the best chocolate chip cookie recipes around.
If you think so too, we’d love you to Pin it to Pinterest, Tweet about it, Like it on Facebook and leave a comment below.